freqently asked questions
- Additionally, some countries may also require a visa for entry. It is important to check with the specific country’s embassy or consulate for their entry requirements before traveling. When you book a tour with us, our team will assist you in getting the necessary information and documents to ensure a smooth travel experience.
- it’s always a good idea to check the visa requirements for each country you plan to visit as these can vary depending on the country. Some countries may require a visa in advance, while others may issue a visa on arrival. It’s always best to check with the relevant embassy or consulate before your trip to ensure you have all the necessary documents.
- Yes, if you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, it’s recommended that you contact us to determine the specific entry requirements for your country of citizenship.
- Our team will provide you with all the information you need to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. We will assist you with obtaining any necessary visas, as well as provide guidance on passport requirements and other travel documents. Our goal is to make sure your journey is as seamless as possible, so you can focus on enjoying your time in Africa.
- CLICK TO APPLY FOR YOUR VISA
During the tour, expect to walk for a minimum of 30 minutes to an hour daily on mostly flat surfaces including cobblestone streets, with occasional hills or stairs. To fully participate in the tour, travelers should be in good health and capable of walking without assistance. While our team will be available to assist with luggage, travelers should also be comfortable carrying their own belongings at times.
It’s important to note that Africa Travellers and the accompanying Tour Director or guide cannot provide individualized mobility assistance. Their main focus is to ensure the group has a smooth and informative journey. If you have any physical limitations or concerns about mobility, please reach out to us before making a reservation.
Round-trip flights will have to be arranged by the traveler, as we do not offer group flight bookings in our packages at present. However, if you need any assistance with your flight bookings, our team will be happy to help. When you arrive, you will be greeted by an Africa Travellers representative who will be holding a sign for easy identification. They will then take you to your hotel. Please note that transfers between the airport and all other destinations during your trip are included in your bookings with us.
It is advisable to pack clothing that is lightweight and comfortable, with a focus on layering to adjust to fluctuating temperatures. Additionally, it is recommended to bring a reliable pair of walking shoes or sneakers to ensure comfortable sightseeing and tour experiences.
It is recommended to check with your doctor or healthcare provider at least 60 days before your trip to stay updated on any health risks or entry requirements associated with your destination in Africa. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention website (cdc.gov) is a good resource for this information. A yellow fever certificate may be required for most African destinations. You can reach out to our team for any specific health requirements you may need. If you have daily medication, ensure you bring enough for the duration of the tour, including any possible delays. If you have dietary restrictions or food allergies, kindly notify Africa Travellers at least 30 days before your departure by giving us a call.
The Africa Travellers Team strongly suggests getting travel insurance when traveling either domestically or abroad. Without insurance, you may be responsible for the cost of any medical attention you may need while on your trip. Although obtaining travel insurance is not mandatory, it is highly recommended for your protection and peace of mind. Consider exploring different insurance options.
It is advised to pack a universal adapter and a voltage converter if you plan to use personal devices like hair dryers that don’t have built-in converters. All of the hotels and facilities we provide for our travelers are equipped with air conditioning. While your hotel may have irons and other small appliances available, these amenities are not guaranteed.
All the hotels that we accommodate our travelers with offer Wi-Fi access. However, our buses do not provide Wi-Fi. If you plan to use your mobile device during the tour, it is advisable to check with your service provider regarding any potential roaming charges.
It is recommended to have a mix of cash and cards for your travels in Africa, as better exchange rates can be found in the country. You can easily exchange money to the local currency at the airport upon arrival, and our Tour Guide from Africa Travellers will assist you as needed. It is advisable to carry both debit and credit cards that are compatible with the EMV chip system, and to inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans to avoid confusion regarding international purchases. It is also advisable to check with your home bank about any international withdrawal fees and restrictions. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our team for assistance.
Have a question?
Talk to a trip specialist today