freqently asked questions
- In order to travel outside the united states or visit Africa, U.S. Canadian and UK citizens need a valid passport with an expiration date extending at least six months beyond the date of reentry.
- We recommend having at least one blank passport page for entry visa stamps.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact us for specific entry requirements.
- When you reserve or book a tour with us ,our team will make sure you get the best assistance with all this details .We are here for you !
- CLICK TO APPLY FOR YOUR VISA
- You will walk for at least 30minutes- an hour daily across mostly flat terrain, including cobblestone streets, with few hills or stairs.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times, but our team members are always available to assist with your luggage through the tour.
- Africa Travellers and the Tour Director or guide who accompanies your group are unable to provide special, individual mobility assistance to travelers on tour. The responsibility of the Tour Director and Guide is to ensure the group as a whole enjoys a relaxing and informative journey, and he or she cannot be relied upon to provide ongoing, individualized assistance to any one traveler.
- If you have any mobility concerns or physical restrictions, please contact our Contact us before reservations.
- Round-trip flights will be privately booked by yourself since we currently do not offer group flights in our packages . Despite not offering group flight bookings, our team members are always available to help with your flight bookings when needed.
- Upon arrival, a representative from Africa Travellers will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel. Our representative will be holding a sign for easy identification.
- Transfers to and from the airport to all destinations are included in any trip you book with us .
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing and tours .
- There are no major health risks associated with traveling any of our Africa destinations.
- At least 60 days prior to departure, check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and entry requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
- Please note: Yellow fever certificate is required for most Africa destinations. You can call our team for all the necessary health requirements you will need.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Africa Travellers at least 30 days prior to departure by simply giving us a call .
If you are travelling overseas, or even domestically, taking out Travel insurance is highly recommended by the Africa Travellers Team. If you require medical attention while travelling, you may be liable for the cost of your treatment if you do not have travel insurance. Even though this isn’t a requirement before traveling we will recommend you purchase a travel insurance for your own safety and coverage.
- We recommend packing a universal adapter, as well as a voltage converter if you plan on using your own hairdryer or other device without a built-in converter.
- There are air-conditions in all the facilities or hotels we accommodate our travelers with.
- Your hotel may provide irons, and other small appliances. However, these amenities cannot be guaranteed.
- Wi-Fi is available in all the hotels we accommodate our travelers with .
- There is no Wi-Fi on any of our buses.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges if needed.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available in that Africa country. You can easily exchange your money to a local currency at the airport upon arrival . Our Tour Guide at Africa Travellers will gladly assist you as needed.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.( VISA & MASTERCARDS)
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks , but make sure to check with your home bank about international withdrawal fees and restrictions.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- Talk to our team if you have any further questions on this
Have a question?
Talk to a trip specialist today